"So in my case, what were some
of the fears I faced when
beginning
my trek as a writer?
First and foremost, it took
me years, about
3 full-length plays and
about 3 national awards
before I even gave myself
permission to even call myself a writer.
Having never taken an official writing course,
and pursuing my BA/Masters as a performer,
I questioned my abilities and even my
intellectual capacity to even pen anything
to the extend of a script that could
possibly warrant itself as worthy.
However, it was my belief that we are all
destined for brilliance if we're brave enough
to take the journey. That's what I did.
I went along for the ride, not knowing much
about it or what would become of it.
Eventually, the fear took a backseat and the
"craft" began to grow. Stories and
characters, perhaps who have been inside me
for a long time, finally shot out screaming
and proud. I hear them all
clearly now and am
fearless about getting to
know those to come.
1) What fears do you face
when writing?
No comments:
Post a Comment